As a daily goal, I aim for a minimum of 2 servings of greens.
One serving of greens = 1 cup of raw greens, 2 cups of cooked greens or 1 scoop of greens powder.
This smoothie takes care of my minimum requirement as it includes 1 scoop of greens powder and 1 cup of raw greens.
For the raw greens, I prefer super greens mixes such as Organic Girl Super Spinach that includes baby spinach, baby bok choy and sweet baby kale or Trader Joe’s Organic Power to the Greens with baby kale, baby chard, and baby spinach. You could really choose any single ingredient or combination of mild -flavored greens like spinach, kale, dandelion greens, or romaine.
Go To Green Smoothie
- 1 cup water*
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 scoop greens powder
- ¼- ½ of an avocado
- 1 big handful (about 1 cup) raw greens
- ½ frozen banana**
- 3 large frozen strawberries or ⅓ cup frozen pineapple
- First, place the water and ice cubes in the blender or NutriBullet or Ninja or whatever you have that blends stuff. This will prevent the protein powder from sticking to the sides of the blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
*1 cup of water makes a thick and creamy smoothie that I eat with a spoon. Increase water to thin smoothie to your preferred thickness.
**In order to have frozen b-a-n-a-n-a-s on hand, I peel 3-4 bananas, break them in half, stick them in a freezer baggie and put them in the freezer. Voila!
I am not affiliated with the companies of any of the products I recommend or link to. They are simply high-quality products that I choose to use.